Frequently Asked Questions About Yoni Steaming
- What is a Yoni Steam?
A Yoni steam is also known as a vaginal steam, v-steam, hip steam, bajo, dukhan. It provides gentle and effective support for women’s wellness. Respected by women and holistic healers around the globe, yoni steaming is the ancient practice of allowing the warmth of herbal steam to softly permeate the exterior of the vagina.
- What’s the History of Yoni Steaming? What culture is it from? Vaginal Steaming is an ancient practice and healing technique that many of our foremothers knew and practiced. It's a practice for many women that has been lost with the tides of the times of the world. It was used by the African, Mayan and traditional Korean healers to treat all things “down under”. It’s a break off from the Hammam (i.e. Turkish Bath) culture and from the womanhood rites of passage rituals throughout Africa, Asia, & Arabia (pretty much the indigenous world). Yoni describes the women's reproductive system as a whole, not just the Vagina but the entire womb space. Yoni steams helps to treat painful menstrual cycles, PMS, infertility, fibroids, menopause, endometriosis, PCOS, vaginal dryness, digestion and is also a wonderful practice for overall general Vagina & womb maintenance & wellness.
- What are the benefits of Yoni Steaming? This women's treatment gently and effectively cleanses, tones and revitalizes a woman's center, providing a myriad of benefits from reduced menstrual cramps to increased fertility and more. Support your natural feminine cycle, help your body to heal, relax, and detoxify both physically and emotionally with a yoni steam.
- Why Yoni Steam?
Reconnect with ancient practices
After a break up: energy cleanse and breaking emotional ties
Overcoming abuse/sexual abuse
After giving birth
Less painful periods
Relief from menopausal symptoms
- How often can I Yoni Steam?
Monthly for general wellness
Weekly for therapeutic level
Menstruation, IUD, Pregnancy, *Active Herpes Outbreak, Piercings (remove vaginal piercings bf steaming)
- What Yoni Steam Herbal Blends do you offer?
We have custom blends for Balancing the Menstrual Cycle, PMS, Menopause, Fertility, Miscarriage, Postpartum, Fibroids, Scar Tissue, Sensuality, & MORE. All grown in our garden, wildcrafted or from Senegal West Africa.
- How soon can I resume sexual activity after yoni steaming?
24 hours to avoid friction to the vaginal area and allow the detox to complete
- What are the risks?
Allergic reaction to herbs
- If the vagina is self-cleaning then why yoni steam?
Yes, the vagina is self-cleaning; however, the purpose of the yoni steam is not to clean the vagina, but to detox and help balance out the natural feminine cycle
- If I had an hysterectomy can I still yoni steam? Can I still benefit from a yoni steam?
Yes & yes. You still have a functional vagina
- Rites of Passage Institute has been offering Yoni Steaming Services & Supplies since 2010. See our: